Founded in 2001 and based in the north of England, Cello Electronics combines radical, technically refined processes with contemporary styles and finishes to bring you the highest-quality LED TVs on the market. More information about Cello is available here.
In 2005 Cello Electronics made the decision to concentrate exclusively on the production and manufacture of LCD TVs with the goal of offering the best quality, choice and value.
2006 saw Cello invest heavily in after sales service to ensure that its customer care and technical support became the very best in the industry.
Since 2006 Cello Electronics have introduced a number of ‘market firsts’
- In June 2016 Cello launch the world’s first solar powered TV. Ideal for remote parts of the world where there is no reliable electricity supply and also for the outdoor travel market.
- At CES 2015 in Las Vegas Cello announces a partnership with Stream TV Networks to produce 3D televisions that do not need glasses and can play content in stunning 3D. The first products will be made available through marketing and advertising media channels later in 2015.
- For 2012 Cello has plans in the pipeline to expand the 3D and Smart TV ranges. In addition, there are a number of new ground-breaking innovations due for launch in the Spring.
- In 2011 the introduction of 3D technology enabled Cello to offer a range of products at market leading prices – starting from £299.
- In 2010 Cello lead the way in the development of ‘Smart TVs’ with the introduction of the iViewer. The iViewer range combines playback channels such as iPlayer with web TV, online movie access, YouTube and home media.
- 2009 also saw Cello become the first retailer in the UK to integrate Personal Video Recorders that use SD cards in place of the usual hardrive into its 22”, 26” and 32” models.
- Later, in 2009, Cello became the first company in the UK to integrate iPod docking stations into the 22”, 26” and 32” models of their LCD TV range.
- In 2008 Cello was the first UK company to incorporate iPod docking stations into its 15” and 19” LCD TVs.
- 2008 saw Cello become the first UK manufacturer to sell LCD TVs with integrated DVD players in 22”, 26” and 32” models.
- In 2007 Cello became the first company in the UK to sell LCD TVs with integrated DVD players in 15” and 19” models.